So she set out making a list of things that she wanted to accomplish and ended up with exactly 40 items. Some were big (write a book) and others were small (take an adult ballet class).
This got me thinking about all of the things that I have envisioned for my life when I realized: I have 30 months (including this one) before I turn 30. And so my list began.
Some of the items on this list are really meaningful, others are just things that will make my life easier (one at-home-mani a week saves $780 a year, not to mention hours of time). Some can be accomplished in a month or less, some will take years. I made this list the night I first read the magazine article, jotting down whatever came to my mind and since then I’ve revised and refined it to make it perfectly authentic to me.
1. Write a book.
2. Own a home – again, and this time, make it one that we really feel a connection to.
3. Learn how to surf.
4. Be a better listener.
5. Holidays – Find meaningful ways (to us) to celebrate.
6. Develop a healthy diet & exercise lifestyle. (Yep, still giving this one a go.)
7. Try my hand at styling, starting with friends.
8. Learn photography basics.
9. Then learn photoshop basics.
10. Master my mani.
11. Become a better cook, including overcoming my fear of chicken.
12. Develop a clear sense of home decor style & begin creating a home environment that I’m absolutely in love with. Every detail.
13. Practice yoga regularly.
14. Learn about wine & cheese pairing.
15. Blog – Find my niche, even if that niche is just writing to update my friends & family.
16. Be a better dog owner.
17. Pay more attention to men’s fashion, for Cory’s sake.
18. Think of ways to be a cool aunt.
19. Deepen my knowledge and appreciation for craft beer. (Yes, this is a real goal people.)
20. Complete a mini-triathalon.
21. Have my writing published in a magazine.
22. Be okay with less.
23. Be on a career path that I love and can see a future in.
24. Find more ways to connect with family.
25. Follow a budget. For reals.
26. Become a better snowboarder.
27. Smile & look strangers in the eye.
28. Create more traditions.
29. Pay down our debt (student loans I’ve got my eye on you).
30. Finish what I start, or don’t start it.
If you feel compelled, I hope you make a list of sorts, no matter what age you are approaching. And if not, I hope you’ll follow my pursuit!