I have always loved Halloween. But then again, I LOVE all holidays.
My best memories of Halloween are from my childhood: magically transforming into the character I was dressing up as (a few favorites: Pippy Long Stocking – 3rd gradeish & Sarah Jessica Parker’s witch character in Hocus Pocus – 5th gradeish), bobbing for apples, trick or treating around our neighborhood w/my friends & rushing home to check out all of the goodies I got…
So in honor of Halloween I’ve decided to post Cory & I’s costumes over the years:
2011 – Forrest Gump & Jenny
2010 – Scott Dissick & Kourtney Kardashian (with Mason, of course)
2009 – Roman Warriors
2008 – Ice Road Trucker & Eskimo
2007 – Ricky Bobby & Mrs. Bobby
2007 – Dog & Beth
It’s fun to see how we have & haven’t changed over the years!
Looking back, we’ve gone to or hosted a Halloween party every year before this year. We decided to change it up & went to the 10th Annual Boo & Brew Bash, which is a fundraiser for a non-profit orgranization called Dress for Success, and then we met friends downtown for a birthday party. I have to say, it was one of the best Halloween celebrations ever. I loved being out & about, seeing all of the cool costumes. Definitely a must-do again. : ) I hope that your celebrations were wonderful as well!
Do you ever have days that just go so well, for no specific reason? Days that you just can’t stop smiling? Today was one of those days. To recap:
1. I woke up in the 6 o’clock hour completely refreshed & ready to tackle the day.
2. At work, several projects I have been I’ve been working on became clearer to me than before & I was able to be so productive.
3. For the first time I took a Turbo Kick class over the lunch hour. It had been a favorite class of mine in the past, but this class was extra awesome because of the energy in the room. This class was full of “career girls.” We’re in, we’re sweating, we’re out – no time wasted.
4. Back at work, throughout my meetings & phone calls, there was such a strong sense of team work. Love it when it works that way.
5. On my drive to meet a vendor/client for coffee I had the windows down & was able to fully enjoy a gorgeous fall day. The reds, oranges & yellows of the trees, a clear sky & crisp air. Ahhh…
6. Connecting w/that colleague over coffee. We hadn’t caught up in about a month & it was so refreshing to hear that while we are in very different places of our lives, a lot of things are the same.
7. Coming home to my happy husband & puppies. A simple thing that is easy to take for granted, but is so important & essential to my entire being. I feel so blessed.
8. Pulling up to my sister’s apartment & having my nephew (who saw us through the window) run up to me, jump in my arms & give me a big hug & a kiss. This 30 seconds literally made my day.
9. Catching up w/my pretty sister (whose baby belly is pictured below) & calling my step-dad to wish him a happy 52nd birthday – the whole car singing “Happy Birthday.”
10. Deep discussion with our small group about the book we’re currently studying, “Velvet Elvis.” We are all from different backgrounds & at different places in our lives & that is such a blessing. We have so much to learn from each other.
All of these things are small things, but they are what matter the most. It’s so easy to take these things for granted, but it’s so beautiful when we take time to appreciate them instead.
I’ve decided to switch my blog from Posterous to Blogger – mainly because I can completely customize my background w/Blogger. I got bored of the twenty or so choices that Posterous gave, but I haven’t figured out how to link my old Posterous blog to this new site yet. So for now – this is all there is! A fresh start, I suppose.Who doesn’t love a fresh start?
My intentions for this new site are similiar to my old site: To use this as a creative outlet. I love to write.
Also, I am at a place in life where I feel extremely blessed & am so joyful that I want to share that with the people I love. Don’t get me wrong – life is NOT perfect. I have been through a lot in the 25.5 years that’s made up my life & I have ups & downs, like everyone else. It’s just that I’ve learned to recognize the beauty & lessons in both.
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal ;a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate ;a time for war, and a time for peace.” – Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
So for all of the seasons in my life – let the blogging begin, again!